Thursday, September 3, 2009

Zucchini Bread

The overwhelming number of summer squash has led me to my first batch of zucchini bread. I used the recipe from Simply Recipes. The suggested add-ins in this recipe are raisins and walnuts. I had neither. I made one loaf with dried cherries and chocolate chips. TASTY!! And into the other loaf I added pumpkin seeds and dried figs. Also delicious but a little bit on the health nut side. (You may notice in the pictures that the add-ins are not evenly distributed. I decided I didn't want to dirty an extra bowl so in order to mix different things into the two loafs, I did it in the loaf pans. I put half the dough in one pan and half in another and then mixed in the fruit, chocolate and/or nuts. This is not a good plan. Just dirty another bowl if you want to add different things into each loaf!)

No comments:

Post a Comment