Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Apples, apples, apples...in muffins and hot cereal!

It is fall and that means lots and lots of delicious apples. I love 'em. Especially the Honey Crisp ones! I thought I'd share two quick apple ideas.
Last week I made some apple muffins that were delicious. I was sad to eat the last one this morning. Bye bye tasty muffin breakfasts. I used this recipe from the blog eat make read. I didn't make the drizzle for the top and I didn't have any pecans so they didn't look as cute with the nut on top. But they were tasty nonetheless!
I also have been enjoying a new hot breakfast cereal.
I love the concept of hot cereal but I just can't get into oatmeal. I grew up eating cream of wheat, which I love, but which is just too much like baby food sometimes. This cereal from Hodgson Mill is a nice balance for me with a slightly more complex texture than cream of wheat but not as much as typical oatmeal. And boy is it tasty when you mix in apples, brown sugar, and buttermilk! Did I mention that I love buttermilk on hot cereals? I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment