Thursday, March 18, 2010

Classic American Dinner

Hello! Sorry it's been so long. Something about trying to finish a doctoral program, conducting a job search, and having an injured puppy has distracted me from this project.
So today's post is about a classic American dinner that my husband and I had recently. And it's a chance to vote as to whose plate looks better. We won't tell which is which! Just pick the ketchup or the mustard plate.
The dinner....was hot dogs, which are Hoffman's natural casing tasty dogs that we love. And we always steam our hot dogs and then toss the buns on top at the end to steam a bit too. We topped these with canned Hormel chili (no beans), shredded cheddar cheese, and mustard.
And they are served with tater tots and baked beans! And one of us needs extra mustard and one needs ketchup for the tater tots! Let us know who plates a better Classic American Dinner!

4 comments:

  1. I have to go with the ketchup plate, for the following reasons:

    1. it's a fiesta plate
    2. I like ketchup on my tots
    3. the dogs look cheesier and less mustardy, which is more how I would like them

    BUT, I have to say the mustard artistry on the mustard plate is very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. kyla says ick!! :) but seriously, we are from sauce and slaw country so what were you guys thinking??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's well known that I am a fierce advocate for ketchup, over the strong objections of my "better" half. Who puts mustard on tots?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mustard plate wins both aesthetically and gustatorily, and, though it had no bearing my aesthetic analysis, I would like to add, ketchup has no place in my world.

    ReplyDelete