Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tuna Salad

I had a craving for tuna salad this afternoon. A late lunch, a little afternoon snack, something to munch on while I contemplate what's for dinner!
I used a can of Trader Joe's tuna in olive oil. Delish! Much higher in fat than tuna packed in water, but tasty! Per Cooks Illustrated, I always drain my tuna in a sieve and press it and fluff it with a fork to get it a dry as I can. This is especially important with water packed but also serves to remove some of the oil in the oil packed.
I then squeezed on about 1/2t of lemon juice and let it sit as I prepared the other ingredients.
I chopped about 1T of parsley and stirred it in. I added 4 slices of pickled jalapenos, chopped and 4 green olives, chopped. I chopped and added 1 stalk of celery.
And then I added about 1T of mayo and mixed it up. I ate it on a few slices of fresh bread with sprouts.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment