Monday, February 1, 2010

Coleslaw


I know I've already posted a coleslaw recipe but I've been working on it this winter. I know that coleslaw is usually a summer food but with all the cabbage we've been getting in our winter farm share I've been inspired to make slaw. Plus we've gotten pulled pork in our meat share and so what goes better with pulled pork than slaw?
First, shred 1 small head of cabbage and 1 carrot.
Then mix up the dressing: 2/3C buttermilk, 3T sour cream, 1/4C mayonnaise, 1t dijon mustard, 2t cider vinegar, 2T lemon juice, and 1/2t sugar.
Toss the cabbage and carrot with the dressing. Cover and let chill for a few hours before eating.
This time around I didn't have either a shallot or fresh parsley but if I had I would have chopped those up and added them too!
Enjoy and imagine you are having a summer BBQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment