Sunday, February 21, 2010

Diablo Chicken!

This is a recipe we cooked in college. It was in a cookbook that belonged to one of my roommates. But it lives on on a food-stained index card. This is a super easy way to make a chicken breast a little more exciting.
I never wrote down how many chicken breasts this amount of coating is supposed to cover but I use it for 2 breasts. First, pound the chicken breasts to even thickness to allow for more consistent cooking.
In one bowl mix 3T dijon mustard with 3T oil, I use olive oil. Mix in 1/4C finely chopped scallions and 1/2t thyme. You could use dried or fresh thyme depending on what you have available.
In another bowl mix 1C bread crumbs (you can start with less than a cup and see if you need the whole cup) with 1/4t cayenne.
Dip the chicken breasts in the bowl of wet ingredients and then in the dry. Place the chicken breasts on a greased pan or baking dish. I lightly spray the top with some oil.
Bake the chicken at 475 for 12-14 minutes depending on the thickness of the breasts.
I served these with some rice and a salad with walnuts, blue cheese, apples, and chilled roasted beets.

No comments:

Post a Comment