Tuesday, June 9, 2009

To blog or not to blog?...To blog!

Sometimes all it takes is one little suggestion swirling around in your head to motivate you to try something new. I only wish this time the suggestion that settled in my head had been start exercising everyday or stop procrastinating on your dissertation proposal. But this time it was you should start a blog. So here it is, my new blog: At home with a couple of foodies. 

My goal is to post recipes from our day-to-day adventures with food. We love cooking and we love trying new things. My husband almost never uses a recipe and I tend to use recipes as a jumping off point. I will try to give you a healthy dose of each of our experiments. 

I think I have started this blog for two main reasons. First, I hope it works as a way to share recipes with those friends and family members who've enjoyed eating with us and are occasionally looking for inspiration in the kitchen. Second, I hope it works as a resource for us to record what we've done so as to improve our recipes and eating habits! 

Feedback and comments are always welcome! Let me know how the recipes work out in your kitchen. And please let me know how you've changed and improved on our ideas. 

2 comments:

  1. Groovy! I look forward to reading about your cooking adventures, and possibly trying out a few of the recipes as well.

    Ooooo, I'm your first commentator - how exciting!

    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I thought we were going to get a review/rundown of what you had for dinner last night? If you expect me to check this blog regularly, I'll need frequent updates. I've got a lot of time on my hands and need entertainment!

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete