Monday, July 20, 2009

Macaroni salad

Just one more quick post for today. I have been experimenting with cold pasta salads this summer. (I posted one with ingredients similar to an antipasto platter.) Since then I have been using the toss-in-everything-but-the-kitchen-sink method and for the most part they have been tasty, but I have been in search of a simple and classic macaroni salad.
Last night we got a spontaneous invitation from some friends to come over for burgers. It was about 5pm and I asked what we should bring. A green salad, maybe? Both my husband and his friend wanted a macaroni salad. And by 5:30 I had the salad ready to go and we were at their place before 6pm. I used a recipe that was posted just the other day at Simply Recipes. Conveniently, we already had a roasted pepper in the fridge, parsley in the garden, and spring onions from our farm share. And so because we had all the ingredients it was as simple as cooking the pasta and hard boiling a few eggs. I worried that the salad wouldn't be cold enough but running cold water over the pasta after it was cooked did the trick. This is a delicious and simple macaroni salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment